You must see below video to know more about dental specialists in Australia!
In dentistry, there are thirteen recognised Board-registered specialties. Listed below are the Board-approved titles that specialist dental practitioners in those areas are entitled to use.
- Dento-maxillofacial radiology – Dental radiologist
- Endodontics – Endodontist (also known as a Root canal specialist)
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery – Oral and maxillofacial surgeon (aka Oral surgeon)
- Oral medicine – Specialist in oral medicine
- Oral pathology – Oral pathologist
- Oral surgery – Oral surgeon
- Orthodontics – Orthodontist
- Paediatric dentistry – Paediatric dentist or Paedodontist (aka Children’s dentist)
- Periodontics – Periodontist (aka Gum specialist)
- Prosthodontics – Prosthodontist (aka Crown and bridge specialist)
- Public health dentistry – Specialist in public health dentistry
- Special needs dentistry – Special needs dentist
- Forensic odontology – Forensic dentist
General dentists without specialist registration are, by law, forbidden to use any of the above specialist titles.
Please be sure to watch the entire video as there is so much information about dental specialist.
Contact us on 13 13 96 to book your consultation.