At Smile Solutions in Melbourne, specialist periodontists (specialists in gums and dental bone support) and specialist oral and maxillofacial surgeons work in conjunction with specialist prosthodontists (working with fixed crowns and bridges) to cater comprehensively for all your dental implant requirements.
- Dr Patrishia Bordbar - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Dr Ricky Kumar - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Dr Rory Nolan - Specialist Periodontist
- Dr James van den Berg - Specialist Periodontist
- Dr Jamie Foong - Specialist Prosthodontist
- Dr Zaina Hamudi - Specialist Prosthodontist
What are dental implants?
|Dental Implants Cost
Dental implantation is the process of replacing missing teeth or teeth that cannot be saved by conventional means.
Implants can range from single-tooth replacement to a complete upper and lower arch replacement.
Dental implants are made of titanium and the crowns are usually made of high-grade porcelain fused to precious metals such as gold.
You can choose to have the procedure in the dental chair under local anaesthetic or in hospital under general anaesthetic. We will consult with you beforehand to establish your suitability, the time requirements and a complete costing for the procedure.
Suitability for dental implants
You are a candidate if you:
- have adequate bone (in terms of both quality and volume)
- practise good oral hygiene
- meet the general medical requirements.
Bone quality and volume will be assessed by an examination.