At Smile Solutions, Melbourne dentists Dr Kia Pajouhesh and Dr Peter Henderson - both highly experienced clinicians in the field of cosmetic dentistry - in conjunction with specialist prosthodontists Dr Jamie Foong and Dr Zaina Hamudi will provide you with all the latest cosmetic dental options to suit your individual needs and expectations.
Conventional cosmetic dentistry focuses on two main areas:
- porcelain veneers or all ceramic crowns carried out by a specialist prosthodontist or a highly skilled dentist in the field of cosmetic dentistry, and a master dental ceramist with a keen eye and attention to detail
- one-hour teeth whitening procedures such as Zoom or Brite Smile.
In the new age of cosmetic enhancement, procedures may include a variety of specialised fields, including:
- internal braces or Invisalign to reposition misaligned teeth before conventional cosmetic dentistry
- laser gum lifts to create a harmonious gum line as a backdrop to your smile
- Cerec one-visit ‘porcelain’ restorations on back teeth to replace unsightly dark silver fillings often visible in the corners of your mouth
- a hygiene program with a skilled hygienist to improve your general gum health to better show off your improved teeth
- dental implants replacing gaps or inadequate fixed bridges or removable partial dentures.
So as to compare and contrast the available options, you can view large ‘Before and After’ digital and printed colour images of cosmetic dentistry performed for Smile Solutions clients. In the case of porcelain veneers and gum lifts, a mock-up with resin material allows you to visualise and discuss your options with your dentist before treatment. A separate ‘dress rehearsal’ appointment before final placement of your crowns or veneers can also greatly help us achieve a truly beautiful result for you to enjoy for many years to come.