Single-Visit Porcelain Fillings With Cerec Omnicam 3D Technology
Natural-looking, strong and biocompatible – the technologically superior restoration.
When it’s time to replace your old amalgam silver fillings with a natural-looking alternative, the choice is between traditional composite resin white fillings, which are more suited to smaller cavities, and porcelain.
Melbourne’s Smile Solutions offers CEREC Omnicam 3D and CEREC AC, the world’s leading systems for fabricating all-ceramic fillings in a single visit.
CEREC is most commonly used in the replacement of old, large amalgam or composite resin fillings that have failed, fractured or decayed.
A CEREC restoration has many advantages over conventional fillings, including:
- superior aesthetics – porcelain is far more natural looking than composite resin
- superior strength – guaranteeing greater longevity
- single-visit ceramic restoration – eliminating the need for multiple appointments, multiple local anaesthetics and temporary interim fillings
- conservation of healthy tooth structure – large CEREC restorations are an ideal alternative to potentially short-lived composite-resin fillings or full-coverage crowns, which usually result in removal of greater amounts of natural healthy tooth structure.
CEREC® PORCELAIN RESTORATIONS STEP BY STEP
All decayed tooth structure, as well as any old filling material, is removed conventionally or by dental laser
A 3D image of the tooth is taken with the aid of a CEREC handheld blue-light camera
Using the 3D image, our specially trained and experienced CEREC dentists design the restoration in front of you on the CEREC monitor
The CEREC milling machine “carves” the porcelain restoration out of a colour-matched ceramic block
The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth, creating a durable, aesthetic restoration in less than one hour
QUESTIONS OFTEN ASKED ABOUT CEREC PORCELAIN FILLINGS
What is CEREC?
CEREC is the acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It enables damaged teeth to be restored economically and in a single appointment using a high-quality ceramic material that matches the colour, function and strength of natural teeth.
- Chairside – The technology is in the dental suite and used while you are in the chair.
- Economical – The procedure is economical without compromising function or aesthetics.
- Restorations – The procedure restores teeth to their natural beauty and strength.
- Esthetic – Restorations are metal-free and tooth-coloured, perfectly replicating natural teeth.
- Ceramic – High-strength ceramics, close in composition to natural tooth structure, are used.
How does the instrument work?
The CEREC equipment comprises a digital infrared camera, a medical-grade computer and a milling machine, which allows a dentist to repair a damaged tooth in under two hours.
CEREC treatment is very patient friendly, requiring:
- only one visit
- no more metal work
- no more temporary fillings between appointments
- no more laboratory visits or fees
- less drilling
- fewer injections
CEREC technology is supported by over two decades of clinical research and documentation. Restorations using this system have been proven to be precise, safe and effective, with more than eight million performed worldwide to date.